. posable creative figurine .
1664 Park Ave., 2B • NY, NY USA
Attentive creative with expansive and adaptable skill set
seeks integration with communication strategy development team in the process of “moving the world.”
UX Design for Web and Mobile Apps, Branding, Business Consultation, Illustration, Style Guides, CMS-based Web solutions, SEO
- Consult with business operators on identification plans integrating consistent use and look across all client-facing experiences. i.e. web, product branding, e-commerce, social media, SEO.
- Integrate programing and design teams by developing user interface for iPhone apps and web-based applications.
- Help filmmakers to develop original content for entertainment DVD titles and corporate multimedia design. Maintain collaborative relationships with DVD production facilities and creative service providers (including producers, web and multimedia programmers, designers, copywriters, 3D artists, compositors, and editors).
- Execute and Manage all stages of design / production.
Marketing Director – 2007 – 2009, Haven Arts Gallery, Bronx, NY
- Work with artists, curators and directors of gallery to develop strategy for and implementation of the marketing / branding needs of Haven Arts Gallery (including logo design, web design and implementation, print ads, flyers, posters, video and internet).
- Facilitate drawing lab / teach figure drawing.
Design Director – 10/2001 – 3/2002, Tapehouse Broadband, NY, NY
- Directed design of Broadband’s corporate identity, logo, reel, and ancillary marketing materials.
- Designed interface, supervised audio / inferno sessions, directed 3-d graphics, compositing and editing.
- Collaborated with marketing staff to win contracts for DVD entertainment titles based on efficient, streamlined production methods while maintaining maximum design usefulness and appeal.
- Worked with filmmakers on design of DVD, packaging, and ancillary marketing materials.
Design Director – Coaxing the Muse – 5/1999 – 10/2001, Zuma Digital, NY,NY
As Director of Design after over a year as Zuma’s principal independent contractor for design and motion graphics production:
- Moved company from dependence on DVD production towards the realization of a comprehensive design studio by increasing emphasis on value-added original programming, concept development, and broadcast graphics.
- Directed design of the award-winning DVD, Final Fantasy.
- Developed synergy with sales that was instrumental in establishing and maintaining accounts with Kenneth Cole, A&E Network, Columbia Tri-star, Sony, Fox Lorber, BBDO, and TIAA-CREF…
- Hired and trained the design/motion graphics staff.
- Refined client’s goals and determined efficient routes to them, from budgets and scheduling to production with an advanced understanding of all the nuances of the DVD medium. Utilized a full spectrum of artists (from interns to Renderman shaders) and tools (from Photoshop to Inferno).
1/1990 – 5/1999 • DDMS/13m NY/NY
- Design and Motion Graphics production of Hundreds of DVD Entertainment Titles
- After Effects instruction and production.
‘96-98 -Giraffe Films, Inc.
- Digital Matte Painting
- Special Effects Supervisor
‘96-Epcot Center – ATT kiosk – design
- “Director” programming
- Script development.
‘96-National Science Center – Interactive
Video Disk Kiosks
- UX design
- Character Development
- Audio Production including direction of Voice Actors.
- Script Writing
- Creative development
- design, illustration, motion graphics
- 3D modeling, texturing and animation
- Hired and directed designers, programmers, 3D artists
‘94-Mexico City Science Museum
Communication: Implementation of strategies Carl Rogers, Milton Ericsson and Rev. Herbert Loddigs Creative: Motivational Leader, Omnidirectional Thinker Project Management: Budget/Time, Resource, Asset Cooperative Leader: Training, Active Listener, Perspicuous elaborator Client Relations: Sales, Discovery, Overages Design – UX / UI Design , Website strategy. Identity planning: Facilitate the process of integrating branding into business plan. Illustration: Logos, Storyboards, Character Development Motion Graphics: Animation, Pre-vis, Flash Painter, Artist, Teacher (Art CV available upon request): Teach color theory , drawing and motion graphics.
Expert with Adobe’s Creative Suite Suite, including After Effects since CoSA and Dreamweaver (strong BBEDIT predilection), Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Shake, Maya, Electric Image, Quark, Powerpoint, Flash, Director, Microsoft’s Project, OmniGraffle Pro, Visio, Filemaker Pro, Multi-Platform. HTML, CSS, PHP, XCode, Content Management Systems (Drupal and Joomla), Social Networking strategies (continually follow market and technological trends).